Sunday, August 17, 2014

Notes on a Sunday


Happy Sunday!  I hope you are having the sort of day you wanted - and needed - to start the week off right. It's been a slow and peaceful, almost lazy day for yours truly....exactly what I needed!

I did get up early enough this morning to enjoy coffee on the patio, with pleasant temperatures and an overcast sky.  Eddie Dale headed into work and I picked Mom up and we headed to church.  I have been attending the church where my son and daughter-in-law are active members.  It is a part of the Life Church TV Network and I always enjoy the lesson, delivered via video, and the worshipful music.  Sam plays the drums in the their praise band and I love watching him do what he loves as a form of ministry. 


I know that there are some days when we don't really listen to the sermon, or we just leave and forget what it was even about before the day is over.  However, today there were three points which hurtled themselves like spears into my heart and lodged there to be contemplated over and over......

If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. 
~
You must kneel before God before you can stand before men. 
~
Prayer should be our first, not our last, resort. 

Simple concepts, yet pretty powerful!

Don't you just love when little gems like this just fall in your lap?!?!? 

Wishing you a blessed week, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANK YOU for stopping by for a little visit on the Porch! I absolutely LOVE comments, so please leave a note and let me know what you're thinking.

When Fall Truly Arrives....in the Heart

October 1, 2019.  Time marches steadily on and the year progresses.  Oh, how I've been longing for this page on the calendar when t...